Ramblings, Writings, Thoughts, and More!

Saturday, October 2, 2010

Journaling - A New Hobby

I have officially started a journal.

I already have a shoebox journal where I keep all of my ideas and poems that haven't yet been posted (or shown to that many people, to be honest). I keep all sorts of treasures in that shoebox. Pictures, theater programs, tickets and other things that trigger memories for me. I also keep the loose leaf scribbles I come up with and accounts of interesting days. It's probably one of the top ten things I would rescue if my house...well, dorm room was on fire. I keep ideas, emotions, memories, hopes, dreams, and so much more in that shoebox. It's very, very dear to me, and I think it would be fun to go through it when I'm older (much, much, MUCH older) and see what was running through my mind when I was seventeen.

Anyways, back to my journal.

I always wanted to start a journal, you know. I just never got around to it. I'd start diaries, but leave them because I had no time or I got bored.

But I'm determined that this journal won't be a failure like all the rest. I want this journal to be bound (which it is) to protect it from losing anything. Because everything that I put in there (and will put in there in the future) is extremely important to me. It's the start of new stories. Character sketches. Thoughts about the sky. People watching notes. Random scribbles. You name it! Perhaps I'll put excerpts from my journal on my blog. We'll see. But most of it will be for my eyes only.

I love the fact that my journal has no lines. It gives so much more freedom! Now I can write sideways, in shapes, in squiggles, or in a jumble of words that come together to make an image! Just THINK of the possibilities!

Anyways, that's all for now.

Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment