Ramblings, Writings, Thoughts, and More!

Sunday, September 19, 2010

College!

Well, it's final. I moved in, and UC Davis is now my home away from home. My roommate is pretty awesome (we have a lot in common) and I've met a couple of floormates. This in particular is pretty new for me, seeing as I'm pretty introverted. I like the feeling that there are new people to meet. I just have trouble getting up and meeting them. Some of them made it easier. Like these three guys who knocked on our door. I invited them in (surprising myself in doing so) and we talked for a bit. They seemed like very nice people and they told my roommate and me to just drop by whenever we felt like it.

Maybe I'll take them up on that offer. We'll see, I suppose.

I also got a feel for the university today when I went biking with Parichay and Sarthak. At first I didn't intend to go biking, but I met up with them, and they convinced me to bike around with them, so I did. It was so much fun! I didn't realize that their dorm building was so close to mine. I met Pranaya later on, too, and we want to visit the Arboretum tomorrow.

When my family left to go back home, I felt a little sad. I've never been good at showing my emotions or talking about them, so I don't know how I'll deal with homesickness, which has already started to settle itself down in my heart. It will soon be evicted. Thrown out and replaced with a sense of belonging, hopefully. I have two homes now, so I'm happy for that.

Tomorrow is another day, bringing with it new surprises and (hopefully) friends, as well.

Ciao!

2 comments:

  1. Your writing has a real ease about it and is a real pleasure to read! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your very first week of college! I'm sure you'll grow to love Davis, like my best friend did (she's a junior there with long red hair - you might bump into her, but it's a big school), and the homesickness goes away. Just give yourself time and put yourself out there to make friends. You'll find a place for yourself, don't worry.

    Cheers,
    Willow

    ReplyDelete